The Social Development services include some of these initiatives:

  • Income Allowance
  • National Child Benefit Reinvestment (NCBR)
  • Work Opportunity Program (WOP)
  • Family Violence
  • Liaison with MCFD (Ministry Child and Family Development)

To be eligible for funds from Social Development a person must meet three (3) criteria:

  1. Reside on Reserve
  2. Apply
  3. Submit Documents, taxes, bank statements, pay stubs, ROE, proof of residency, ID (to ensure eligibility)

 Note: For Income Assistance for Off-reserve residents please contact the Ministry of Housing and Social Development at 1-866-866-0800