The Public Works department performs a variety of functions associated with scheduled maintenance work, including parks, cemeteries, roads and grounds.
The Public Works Crew ensures the safe and efficient operation of roads, drainage, and playgrounds throughout the community. The Public Works Department is also responsible for maintaining community buildings such as the Administration Office, Education Building. It also maintains fleet vehicles and equipment, including commercial vehicle operations, inspections, records and requirements as outlined by ICBC.
WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
- Public Works maintains the water distribution system.
- Weekly water samples from our water systems to ensure the community is receiving potable water
- The Public Works Department is responsible for snow removal, sanding, and salting for the community’s roads and sidewalks.
- Public Works maintains the Xaxli’p grounds by mowing, weeding, pruning, and small landscape projects
ROAD & BRIDGES MAINTENANCE SERVICES
- Public Works maintains and repairs the nation’s road and bridges. The department is also responsible for snow clearing and brushing along the edge of roadways.
- Public Works maintains, repairs and cleans community buildings.
GARBAGE COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL
- Garbage Collection is every Monday unless it’s a scheduled Statutory Holiday.
- Publicworks maintains and operates the transfer station.
- Xaxli’p has an agreement with Lillooet Disposal and recycling to transport waste bin to the Lillooet Landfill.