The Xaxli’p Education Department is responsible for all aspects of education for the community from k-12 students, Post-Secondary and down to the pre-school level.
The eduction program provides a variety of educational funding for various types of educational services to its members living in the community. The main goal is to provide Post-Secondary funding to eligible members (on or off reserve) seeking to further their education.
The Education Coordinator is accountable to the Administrator and Portfolios of Chief and Council.
The Xaxli’p Education Program provides a variety of funding sources for various types of service to its members living in the community.
The main objective is to provide Post-Secondary Student funding to those eligible members (On and Off Reserve) seeking to further their education
Other funding sources Band Members can apply to for trades and employment training are through human services such as employment offices, student loans, bursaries, scholarships, and sometimes Income Assistance will assist financially for the training.
Are you eliglible for Post-Secondary Funding?
Listed below are some of the criteria that must be met in order to be funded by the Post-Secondary education program:
- Program must be one (1) academic year in length. Which is typically two (2) terms, each term being four months in length with four courses per term, would qualify or 6-8 months of continuous classes
- Students are required to have their grade 12 dogwood or equivalent
- Institute must be a recognized institution. Private institutes do not qualify.
- You must be a resident of Canada for at least 12 consecutive months
- Student must apply for funding at the Band by picking up a funding application and having it returned by the deadline date
- Deadline is March 31st of each year.
- Application must be fully complete – should there be any missing information the application will be considered as an incomplete document. Any missing documents will be considered incomplete. It is very important to have all original documents. Faxed or emailed documents will not be accepted
- All documents are required to have student signature where required and dated
- Students must be in good academic standing
- English and Math are usually the prerequisites to get into University